Captain Judy’s Curricula
Welcome to the real-world application to Science, Technology, Arts, Engineering, and Mathematics introducing and inspiring students to aviation/space career opportunities! Using technology, Captain Judy and her Crew connect students with similar interests virtually, creating a network of aviation/space enthusiasts.
Click on one of the links below to begin your adventures! Be sure to take the quiz after each lesson earning your certificate.
Captain Judy’s Women Air Race Classic Curricula
- Aircraft – Diamond DA40 XL - COMING SOON!
- Weather - COMING SOON!
- Route - COMING SOON!
- Human Factors - COMING SOON!
LIVE Broadcasts Curricula
- ADVENTURES ABROAD
- Florida Aviation Network, Sun ‘N Fun Air Show Adventures
- On Wings & Rocket Ships
- International Flight Planning 1.0
- International Flight Planning 2.0
- PAVE – Preparing Plane & Pilot
- My College Option - Developed by professionals with almost 40 years of experience in linking high school students with colleges and universities, My College Options® connects students to 2,000 colleges and universities nationwide and has almost 5 .5 million students already enrolled. A unique system of matching students with the colleges and universities that are right for them will play a large role in helping students.
- National Standards
- MzeroA.com - Because a Good Pilot is Always Learning – Great web site with many free learning opportunities. Watch free videos, Ask Jason Questions, and more!
Web Site Resources
- National Air Traffic Controllers Association, Kids Corner
- FAI International Aviation Art Contest
- National Coalition for Aviation and Space Education, Aviation Education Resources
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics resources
- Time Zones – Mathematics
- NASA eClips RealWorld: Longitude – Time Zones
- NASA eClips: Trading Card support material
- World Clock Time Zone Converter
- Wings in Orbit
Special Thanks to: Tracey Lou Dodrill , Mountainside Middle School and Sharon Bowers, Educator in Residence, Center for Integrative STEM Education, National Institute of Aerospace, Pam Leestma, NASA Excellence in Teaching Award 2010, National American Star of Teaching Award Valley Christian Elementary School; and Neme Alperstein, NASA Excellence in Teaching Award 2010 Member, Library of Congress Teaching With Primary Sources Advisory Board NYC Public School.
GIRLS WITH WINGS
National Geographic Lesson Plans
Special Thanks to: National Geographic Xpeditions Archive
Engineering Middle School – High School
Engineers For America Lesson Plans
- Support Document – A
- Support Document - B
- Support Document - C
- Support Document – D
- Air Derby – Math (Airplane Design, Data Collection, Statistics)
- Air Power I – Engineering (Aircraft Systems)
- Air Power II – Engineering (Aircraft Systems)
- Count Me In – Engineering (Airport Development)
- How Tall is That - Science & Engineering (GPS, Navigation)
- Going Places Soon - Math (Determining Altitude)
- Invisible Forces – Science (Magnetism)
- Kool Heat – Science (Meteorology)
- Mean Flight I – Math (Airplane Design, Data Collection, Statistics)
- Mean Flight II – Advanced Math & Engineering (Airplane Design, Data Collection, Statistics)
- Metric Mission – Math (Dimensions and Measurements)
- Special Delivery – Science & Engineering (Charts, Navigation)
- Target Practice – Math (Airplane Designs)
Special Thanks to: Ricardo Soria, Assistant Principal Choctawhatchee High School
Okaloosa County School District Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Initiative
National Weather Service
Special Thanks to: Richard Mamrosh, National Weather Service
Membership fees required. Search by grade level for:
- Latitude and Longitude Lesson Plans
- Time Zones Lesson Plans